Flood Insurance

Personal Insurance

Did you know that a standard homeowners policy does not cover your home and its contents in the event of a flood? That’s why Cook Maran & Associates views your homeowner, renter or commercial property coverage in New York, Long Island and New Jersey as incomplete without flood insurance.

We’re one of the nation’s largest flood insurance brokers and have been recognized as the National Flood Insurance Agent of the Year three times for our outstanding service in helping the community and our clients become more aware of the importance of having flood insurance.

The fact is, anywhere it rains, it can flood. Even if you haven’t experienced a flood in the past, that doesn’t mean you won’t in the future. Flood risk isn’t just based on history; it’s based on a number of factors.

What You Should Know about Flood Insurance.

  • Maximum coverage available for a residence in a non-hazard flood zone is $250,000 for the dwelling and $100,000 in personal property coverage. While premiums vary based on the location of the property, “preferred risk policies” can be purchased for as little as $352 per year.
  • Some factors that affect rate are: flood zone, elevation, the year your house was built, the type of foundation and the replacement cost of the dwelling.
  • Excess flood coverage over $250,000 is available.
  • For most policies, a 30-day waiting period from the date of purchase before the policy takes effect.
  • As a result of the Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012, flood maps are being redrawn and many policyholders will see rate changes.

Today, more than 2,000 clients protect their home and property from floods with insurance from Cook Maran. Find out why. Request a consultation today.